April Key Points
- Would you like to be a keynote speaker at the 2019 Convention? Keynote speakers will receive free hotel accommodations during the convention! Click this OA Convention 2019 Keynote flyer (3)for submission instructions. Deadline is April 29th. Don’t forget to register at http://oaregion6.org/2019/index.php/convention-info/ if you haven’t already. Please support the region by purchasing a meal plan as the conference room rentals are paid for out of the meals. Please note that the banquet will be plated, so that we won’t run out of anything.
- There is a new meeting in Brewster on Monday nights from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. at 67 Main Street across from the parking lot of the Brewster Library. Check out the updated meeting list for details at this link.
- Let’s celebrate! There are THREE upcoming anniversaries in
- Yorktown: Thursday, April 25th at 7:30 p.m. at Yorktown United Methodist Church Route 202, Yorktown Heights NY 10598 (Across the street from the police station)
- Wednesday, May 1st from 1-2 pm at St Patrick’s Old Stone Church on Hanover Street & Harwood Place (Basement Entrance) Yorktown Heights
- Tarrytown: May 5, 11:30 am – 12:45 am, Tarrytown United Methodist Church 27 South Washington Street, Tarrytown NY (If you can’t find parking, use the lot behind the Washington Irving School at the South End of Washington Street)
- Please take a few minutes during your meeting to complete the workshop survey as a group if you would like to host a workshop. Send the completed survey to Mary T. at firstname.lastname@example.org (Feel free to scan or snap a picture!)
- Should our Sponsorship Day celebration be on Saturday or Sunday this year? If we are interested in returning to (or visiting for the first time!) Stepping Stones it must be on a Saturday from 12 – 3. The house is only open to visitors on Saturdays. Please take a few minutes during your meeting to poll your group and give your response to your intergroup rep.
- WUIG is sponsoring 3 registration-only scholarships for the Region 6 Convention 2019 (October 18th-20th) based on financial need. Please email Mary T. at email@example.com to apply by August 1st.
Click this link to view the updated WUIG meeting list.