- 11/15 12:30pm-1:30pm Bryant Ave Methodist Ch, White Plains
- 12/11 7:30pm, Wednesday night HOW meeting (Barker Ave Presb. Ch. White Plains)
- 11/16 IDEA Day, Scarsdale Friends Meeting, 133 Popham Rd, Scarsdale 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Saturday)
- 12/1/13 Prayer and Meditation workshop, 2:00 p.m.-5:00p.m. (Sunday) YWCA, 515 North Street, White Plais, NY
Upcoming OA Holiday
December 12 is 12 step within day. This is a day, which should be devoted to reaching out to people who have left the rooms. Meetings should think about how to celebrate this event.
Intergroup would like to suggest that meetings add the following statement or some version of it in their format at the point in the meeting after you identify sponsors.
“Westchester Intergroup has a sponsor bank that may be able to help you find a sponsor temporary sponsor. See the meeting list for the number to call (Jeanette F. 914-428-3662) Also there is a sponsor training workshop every second Monday in Mt. Kisco from 6:30-7:15 before the regular meeting. Any sponsor is welcome, especially new sponsors or members ready to become sponsors.”
Suggestions regarding welcoming newcomers
1. Try to get names and phone numbers of 3 contacts in the meeting on the envelope when you give out a newcomer packet. There are lines on the envelope for this purpose.
2. When there are newcomers, make a point to include them in conversations, so they don’t feel that the meeting is cliquey or that they are being excluded.
3. Follow up with newcomers