June Key Points
- WUIG Sponsorship Day Event is August 18th from 12 pm – 3 pm at Stepping Stones in Katonah Sign-up on Ticket Leap before July 11th. Click this link to view the flyer. Participants will meet at and carpool from the Bedford Train Station (1 Railroad Ave, Bedford) from 11:45 am–noon.
- Groups are asked to consider donating a basket for the Region 6 convention.
- Meetings for Homebound Fellows: If your group needs help providing meetings in-home for homebound fellows, please contact Mary T. or Mike C. for assistance.
- Any interest in a 12:30 Bryant Avenue Meeting on Tuesdays or Wednesday? Click this link to let Alison know!
- July 10th the Tuesday Night Women-Focused Body Image meeting celebrates its 7th Anniversary at the Pleasantville Presbyterian Church – 400 Bedford Road (click link for directions)!
- Submissions for the next Serenity Times newsletter are due on Sunday, July 15th. The topic is What Step are You On and How are You Working It? Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In response to overwhelming demand for WUIG’s 15-wk summer Step Study, WUIG is planning to sponsor another Step Study in the fall. Day and time to be determined. Please ask your Intergroup Representative to keep you updated.
Click this link to view the updated WUIG meeting list.
Other OA Recovery Opportunities
- CT Intergroup is running a series of Back to Basics workshops from 1-4:30 pm at the First Baptist Church at 581 Meriden Avenue in Southington. The remaining dates are:
- Sunday, July 8 — OA Steps 4, 5, & 6
- Sunday, September 16 — OA Steps 7, 8, & 9
- Sunday, December 2 — OA Steps 10, 11, & 12
There will be a street fair in Tarrytown 6/3/18. We will still have the meeting, but you may have trouble with parking.
In previous years, people have been able to park in the school parking lot behind Washington Irving School. Also, you can park at the Tarrytown Train station. It’s not too far, if you want to walk up the hill a bit.
It’s a wonderful fair, btw.
Click on the link below to read the Annual Appeal Letter from your WSO
The World Service Office: What does It have to do with me?
Located in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA, the WSO exists to support individual members and OA’s thousands of groups worldwide, as well as to carry our message of recovery to compulsive overeaters who are still suffering.
We produce over 100 literature and recovery-related items and podcasts, and maintain oa.org and an online bookstore. We publish Lifeline, a recovery magazine, made up of stories written by and for the OA member. We distribute A Step Ahead newsletter quarterly and a monthly email bulletin to keep members up-to-date on OA happenings. The WSO hosts the annual World Service Business Conference and sponsors the World Service Convention every few years.
We maintain directories on meetings all across the world and answer newcomer and member inquiries. In addition, we provide new groups with everything they need to get started. We also give information about OA to media representatives, health professionals, and others interested in OA’s Twelve-Step approach to recovery from compulsive overeating.
Although there are no dues or fees for members, the WSO is funded through literature sales and through your contributions. In keeping with OA’s Seventh Tradition, we are member-supported. So, when the basket is passed in meetings, keep in mind that you are supporting your own recovery by helping to maintain your group, intergroup or national/language service board, region and World Service Office.
Here at the WSO, “service” is our middle name, and we belong to you. Contact us if you have a question.
Welcome to OA. Welcome home!
Flyer for the upcoming Intergroup Workshop on Maintaining abstinence 5/6/18 2p.m. – 5 p.m. YWCA, 515 North St, White Plains, NY
Flyer for upcoming Tarrytown Anniversary 5/20/18 11:30-1:00, Methodist Ch, 27 S. Washington St, Tarrytown, NY.
There are two municipal lots near the Tarrytown Meeting. At least one of them is free on Sunday. If you have trouble finding parking, try the school parking lot at the south end of Washington St
White Plains, 7 pm, Barker Ave, church… HOW meeting cancelled 3/21/18
contact Christine Z re substitute phone meeting
Meeting cancelled due to anticipated blizzard.
This is the meeting at the Presbyterian Church at Barker Ave, in White Plains, on Wednesday 3/7/18 7:30 pm
- Yorktown’s 22nd Anniversary Meeting is March 22 at 7:30 pm at the United Yorktown Methodist Church – 2300 Crompond Road, Yorktown Heights, NY (Across from the Yorktown Police Station)
- WUIG is sponsoring a Men’s meeting on April 5th and May 3rd; 6 – 6:45 at Emanuel Lutheran Church in Pleasantville
- Register for the 2018 Convention (October 26th – 28th) at OAregion6.org
- WUIG Marathon Getting through all Twelve Steps without Loitering May 6th at the YWCA in White Plains from 2-5pm
- Mid-Hudson Intergroup Sponsored Spring Minithon Twelve Stepping a Problem Hosted by Warwick (Saturday, May 5th 2 – 5 pm at Christ Episcopal Church 50 South St., Warwick, NY)
- Deadline for the WUIG Newsletter is March 10. Theme is “Recovery from Relapse.” Email submissions to email@example.com
- WUIG Retreat April 20-22 is accepting commuters! Check your email or text blasts or visit oahelps.org for the registration link
New OA Twelve and Twelve is now available for purchase at the OA bookstore or speak to your literature representative.
This letter from WSO about sponsorship is particularly important: especially sponsors are not doctors and should not give medical advice, such as not telling sponsees what medications to take or stop:
WSO letter re sponsorship
Here are miscellaneous announcements:
WSO announcements March 2018