June Key Points
- Please support the Region 6 Convention by purchasing a MEAL PLAN at this link. In addition to enjoying healthy, abstinent meals with your fellows, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your meal plan purchase contributed to the cost of the meeting room rental. You can view the menu at this link. Don’t forget to register at this link if you haven’t already.
- Check out the NEW Abstinence and Recovery definitions and please change your meeting formats to reflect them. (see below for copy of definitions)
- Calling all OA groups! RAFFLE BASKETS are needed as part of the fundraising effort for the 2019 Convention. Please consider contributing a raffle basket as an individual or group. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Please purchase and sell Raffle Tickets to support our Region 6 Convention. The convention is the ONLY fundraiser for our Region. 6 chances to win for $5! See your Intergroup Rep.
- WUIG’s next 15-week Step Study will run Wednesday nights starting June 26th through October 9th, 7 – 9 p.m. at the Emanuel Lutheran Church in Pleasantville, NY (197 Manville Road, Pleasantville, NY). To sign-up email email@example.com before June 15th. Space is limited.
- No WUIG meeting in July.
- If you’d like to receive text updates about events, meeting closures, etc., text @WUIG to 81010.
- WUIG will be holding on-site workshops at the following meetings:
- “Meditation in OA” hosted by the Saturday Garrison Meeting from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. at 40 Franciscan Way, 1350 Route 9, 4th Floor Conference Room B, Garrison NY) on June 15th. All are welcome!
- “Sex & Recovery” hosted by the Pleasantville Body Image Meeting from 7-8:15 p.m. at 400 Bedford Road in Pleasantville, NY. on Tuesday, June 25th. All are welcome!
- “10th Step Practice” hosted by the Saturday White Plains Meeting from 10-11:30 a.m. at 39 No. Broadway @Barker, White Plains on July 13th. All are welcome!
- “Nurturing Newcomers” hosted by the Sunday White Plains Meeting from 8:30-9:30 a.m. at 41 E. Post Road, White Plains Hospital, October 6th. All are welcome!
- “10th Step Practice” hosted by the Wednesday Katonah Meeting from 7:30-8:30 p.m. at 5 Bedford Rd, Katonah on November 13th. All are welcome!
Click this link to view the updated WUIG meeting list.
Text of new definitions of abstinence & Recovery
Updated definitions of “abstinence” and “recovery” in Overeaters Anonymous were adopted at the 2019 World Service Business Conference. The revised policy states:
The WSBC 2019 accepts the following definitions:
- Abstinence: The act of refraining from compulsive eating and compulsive food behaviors while working towards or maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Recovery: Removal of the need to engage in compulsive eating behaviors.
Spiritual, emotional, and physical recovery is achieved through working and living the Overeaters Anonymous Twelve Step program.
(Business Conference Policy Manual, 1988b [amended 2019])