May Key Points
- Please support the Region 6 Convention by purchasing a MEAL PLAN at this link. In addition to enjoying healthy, abstinent meals with your fellows, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your meal plan purchase contributed to the cost of the meeting room rental. You can view the menu at this link. Don’t forget to register at this link if you haven’t already.
- The OA Board of Trustees has just updated many formats to clean up inconsistencies and introduce a new suggested contribution of US$5 per meeting. The suggested amount had not been updated in about a decade but is necessary to keep OA self-supporting. You can view the new meeting formats at link (especially the New Reading and Writing Format).
- Please purchase and sell Raffle Tickets to support our Region 6 Convention. It is the ONLY fundraiser for our Region. 6 chances to win for $5! See your Intergroup Rep.
- WUIG’s first on-site workshop will be “Sex & Recovery” hosted by the Pleasantville Body Image Meeting from 7-8:15 p.m. at 400 Bedford Road in Pleasantville, NY. on Tuesday, June 25th. All are welcome!
- Let’s celebrate! Tarrytown is hosting an anniversary meeting from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 5th at the United Methodist Church of the Tarrytowns at 27 S. Washington Street. In a special format, two speakers will share their experience, strength and hope followed by sharing!
- Region 6 is sponsoring 4 Region 6 Convention scholarships for $250 and WUIG is sponsoring 3 registration-only scholarships for the Region 6 Convention 2019 (October 18th-20th) based on financial need. Please email Mary T. at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply by July 15th.
- The Serenity Times is accepting article submissions, for our third quarter issue with the theme of “Working Program Through Good Times and Bad.” If you’ve been inspired by the recent retreat, have personal anecdotes, favorite Big Book or OA literature passages, poems, or thoughts to share, please contact Diane T with submissions by Wednesday, May 15th at email@example.com.
Click this link to view the updated WUIG meeting list.